Cinder is looking for an ASIC/ FPGA Design Manager to fill a role for our client in San Jose, CA. This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
We are looking for an FPGA / ASIC Manager who is strong in RTL design and development and has experience developing on Altera and Xilinx platforms. The ideal candidate will be comfortable wearing multiple hats and working in a cross-disciplinary team. This person should also be proficient with best Software Development practices and comfortable collaborating with both Software and Hardware Teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the architecture, microarchitecture, implementation, and verification of current and future generations of advanced network monitoring systems.
- Manage day to day activities of a team of FPGA/ Asic developers from helping develop micro-architecture designs to top level system architecture. Work on project management tasks associated with allocating resources and identifying risks items.
- Strong Communication Skills. The FPGA team is at the heart of the product so this person will need to be comfortable working with Software and Hardware teams to create new and interesting designs.
- Define development roadmap. Able to allocate timeline and resources for team projects and activities.
- Ability to provide guidance from the lowest micro-architecture designs levels to large system design and see those systems all the way through to deployment in customers hands.
- Work closely with FPGA / EDA tools vendors to ensure success.
- Self-driven and is comfortable working in a startup like environment.
- Able to architect top level FPGA solutions and integrate with the software layers.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Work with the software, hardware, architecture and product management teams to understand the requirements of multiple projects
- 5+ years of ASIC / FPGA digital design and verification experience, including RTL and scripting languages.
- 4 years of technical management experience.
- Experience in Software Design and Practices including Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience in delivering high-performance products.
- Experience owning systems and complex solutions from initial design to final system testing.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Cross-functional leadership and communication experience.
- Strong Communication Skills and experience with building and collaborating within a cross-functional team.
- Self-starter, flexible, adaptable, collaborative and motivated to champion continuous improvement.
- Understanding of ASIC design and Verification.
- Experience with high-speed Ethernet Standards and integrating IPs.
- Experience with data center architecture and deployment.
- Start-up experience. Demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Job Location: Must be done onsite
Shift: Normal business hours
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!