We are searching for an Audiologist for our well-established private practice located in East Aurora, New York. This is a full-time (possibility part-time) position that offers a competitive salary and bonus compensation plan, benefits, and opportunities for professional development.
The successful candidate will be an energetic, friendly, enthusiastic and compassionate individual eager to join our patient-centered and community-oriented practice. We are looking for someone who is motivated to create long-term relationships with our patients, helping them to hear better and lead more vibrant lives, and has a strong belief in the patient-care benefits of the private practice model of audiology.
Why East Aurora? Located within 25 minutes of Buffalo, New York, the Buffalo area is undergoing a renaissance. The area features lots of new restaurants, concert venues, and outdoor activities. A range of lifestyle options including urban, suburban, and rural are all within a short drive from the practice office!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Audiologist will be responsible for performing comprehensive diagnostic testing, hearing aid evaluation, selection, and fitting, patient counseling, and follow-up care. Our practice focuses on treating hearing loss primarily in an adult population.
Administers Diagnostic Tests
- Performs full audiological diagnostic evaluations, primarily for the diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss.
- Performs tympanometry, and acoustic reflex threshold testing and DPOAE testing.
- Interprets test results and provides reporting to physicians and other medical professionals.
Hearing Aid Evaluation and Fitting
- Counsels patients regarding test results, and gains a complete understanding of the patient’s hearing needs and lifestyle to develop a customized hearing care plan.
- Performs selection, programming, and verification of the appropriate hearing aid technology to best meet the patient’s individual needs.
- Provides ongoing management including follow-up and education, hearing aid checks and adjustments, repairs, and cleanings as necessary to maintain ongoing patient relationships.
Assists in Professional and Community Outreach
- Participates in informational presentations regarding hearing loss, treatment options, and technology to local community groups, facilities, and medical professionals.
- AuD degree. Current New York Audiologist License (or ability to obtain one by time of hire) and Hearing Aid Dispenser License in good standing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse patient, colleague, and vendor population so that goals are achieved.
- Strong keyboard/computer/Audiology diagnostic and hearing aid software and equipment experience.
- Organized, able to multi-task, detail-oriented.
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Resumes accepted via email, US Mail, or in person.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off