Cinder is looking for a Billing Specialist to fill a direct hire role for our client in Portland, OR. This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
Under the supervision of the Billing & Administrative Director this position will serve the primary role of Billing Specialist. The Billing Specialist is a full-time, goal-oriented, compassionate, highly accurate and motivated Biller. As a growing organization, you may also be asked to take on additional responsibilities.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Communicate with respect and compassion while conducting outreach to patients for payment plans and help to inform them of their Insurance benefit plans
- Secure needed medical documentation required or requested by third party insurances.
- Keep updated on all billing and benefit changes for third-party insurance carriers.
- Complete work within authorized time to assure compliance with departmental standards.
- Work with our coding team to resolve any hold tickets in our Athena EHR work queues
- Provide support for patients and front office teams to ensure a positive clinical experience through our billing processes
- Monitor billing policies and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of practices
- Stay informed regarding changes in commercial, Medicaid, and Medicare insurance coding and billing. Understand the nuances of billing as an RHC clinic
- Run billing reports in our EHR
- Build and maintain EHR reports to assist in measuring operational and financial goals
- Maintain strict confidentiality; adhering to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to communicate compassionately and professionally with patients.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and work independently within deadlines.
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrate high proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote)
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with competing deadlines and expedite credentialing upon request
- Current use of Navinet, ProviderOne, Onehealthport to obtain insurance eligibility, benefits and authorizations preferred
- Ability to examine and verify financial documents and reports
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret goals, objectives, policies and procedures
Education and Experience
- Successful completion of commercial coursework including math, bookkeeping and business.
- Post high school courses in insurance billing, data processing and medical terminology preferred.
- Courses in insurance billing, data processing and medical terminology preferred.
- Minimum of one-year prior experience in billing of third-party insurances for facility and professional services required.
- Knowledge of third-party billing requirements
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!