Cinder is looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer for our client in Beaverton, OR. This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
A Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is experienced at interfacing with customers on a technical level and passionate about innovative automated solutions that add business value for customers. They epitomize strategic thinking and provide leadership by organizing and leading infrastructure project deployments for client and internal strategic initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing advanced engineering, design, development, configuration, installation, administration, maintenance, and upgrades of infrastructure components within cloud environments.
- Designing and building automated solutions for the deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of cloud-based infrastructures.
- Troubleshooting and advising on advanced infrastructure problems for client escalations and internal operations.
- Contributing to the development and productization of custom value-added cloud services that differentiate the company as a thought leader in the industry.
- Collaborating with customers to develop operational runbooks and defining alerting thresholds to meet the business needs.
- Performing as a trusted adviser to internal and external clients.
- Leading build teams in the implementation of greenfield cloud environments and infrastructure migrations to cloud platform.
- Assisting in the development and training of others.
- Remaining informed of new developments and trends and making recommendations to management on desirable additions and developments.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 7+ years of in a technical or service organization, performing in hands-on cloud work.
- A BS degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- Certifications in Azure Administration and Architecture.
- Experience with scripting and automation (i.e. PowerShell, Azure DevOps, Azure Functions, Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience with Azure (including storage and networking constructs, NSGs, WAFs, VPN gateways, etc.) and other Information Technologies and the ability to apply that knowledge to work with a variety of solution configurations.
- Experience with migration of workloads from on premises to cloud infrastructures.
- Desire to work with clients to identify business needs and map those needs to cloud solutions.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and adapt learning into successful implementation.
- Must be able to work within an ITIL framework, change management, and regulated environments.
- Must be familiar with:
- Azure and Windows HA Setups, administration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Always-On deployment and configuration
- Azure SQL PaaS and WebApp services
- On premise to Azure migrations
- Must be comfortable being on a 24×7 on-call rotation.
- Deliver high standards of customer service for external and internal clients.
- Ability to understand, map controls, and implement InfoSec and compliance frameworks.
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
Note to applicants: Cinder is working to create a community-conscious staffing firm. This includes working to address the historically problematic relationship staffing companies have with their employees. This also includes working to address the explicit and implicit ways our work may be excluding people that are historically (and currently) underrepresented in the workforce. To that end, we want to consider as many potential candidates as possible. Our current understanding is that the skills and experience listed here are required in order to be successful in this position. However, if you believe you are a good candidate for this position despite missing some of these skills or experience, please apply anyway and include a cover letter explaining your perspective so that we can fully evaluate your candidacy.
We are unable to sponsor at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.