Cinder is looking for a Database Administrator to fill a role for our client in Huntington, Indiana who will install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production databases and database instances while ensuring high levels of data availability. They will develop, implement, and comply with database policies, procedures, and best practices to ensure the integrity and availability of databases, instances and their accompanying software.
This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assessing and developing long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
• Working with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
• Designing and implementing redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
• Creating models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones.
• Installing and configuring relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
• Monitoring database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
• Planning and coordinating data migrations between systems.
• Developing, implementing, and maintaining change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
• Performing database transaction and security audits.
• Establishing appropriate end-user database access control levels.
• Developing routines for end users to facilitate best practices database use.
• Strong understanding of SQL database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
• Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting SQL, Maria, PostgreSQL database servers.
• Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
• Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
• Project management experience.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Intermediate knowledge of SQL, Maria, PostgreSQL programming languages.
• Strong organization skills, Strong problem solving skills, Strong multi-tasking skills
• Ability to communicate in standard business terminology without the use of specific technical jargon
• Have good communication and interpersonal skills and be a team player
• This position will handle confidential data, and confidentiality must be maintained
• A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology field or similar area is required
• 1+ years experience as a SQL DBA.
• Job Location: Onsite
• Shift: Normal business hours with On Call Hours
• Will need to carry a corporate cell phone to respond to after-hours emergencies.
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!