Cinder is looking for a Senior Database Administrator/Architect to fill a role for our client in Huntington, Indiana who will plan, design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production databases and database instances while ensuring high levels of data availability. The candidate will develop, implement, and comply with database policies, procedures, and best practices to ensure the integrity and availability of databases, instances and their accompanying software. Candidate will also lead and/or manage projects through their implementation.
This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
• Work with Infrastructure and Development teams to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
• Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
• Create models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones.
• Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
• Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
• Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
• Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
• Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
• Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
• Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
• Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs.
• Perform database transaction and security audits.
• Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
• Develop routines for end users to facilitate best practices database use.
• A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology field or similar area is required
• 7+ years experience as a SQL DBA.
• Knowledge of cloud hosting services (AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Microsoft SQL certification preferred.
• Extensive understanding of SQL database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
• Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting Microsoft SQL Server, as well as MySQL and MariaDB database instances.
• Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
• Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
• Project management experience.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
• Knowledge of MySQL and Maria DB.
• Have good communication and interpersonal skills and be a team player
• This position will handle confidential data, and confidentiality must be maintained
• Job Location: Onsite with occasional travel requirements
• Shift: Normal business hours with On Call Hours
• Will need to carry a corporate cell phone to respond to after-hours emergencies.
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!