Cinder is looking for a Facilities Maintenance Technician to fill a role for our client in Beaverton, OR. This is a temporary, 40 hour per week opportunity that includes medical benefits!
The Facilities Maintenance Technician will work to support the client’s three Beaverton/Portland area data centers and will be responsible for a mission critical environment, which provides highly reliable services to clients. The Facilities Maintenance Technician will work directly with internal engineering resources on improving capabilities and capacity, as well as work directly with clients to provide remote hands support.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience working with high voltage filtered electrical systems including UPS, PDU, transformer, feeders, etc.
- Extensive experience working with electrical generators.
- Extensive experience working with CRAC/HVAC systems.
- Knowledge of indirect evaporative cooling systems.
- Knowledgeable of local building and fire codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of computers and office software.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or demonstrable equivalent industry experience.
- 1-3 years’ experience at Technician or Engineer level in mechanical/HVAC, electrical, or a combination of.
- Strong communication skills: able to communicate with contractors, define customers’ needs, and resolve customer issues.
- Ability to exhibit a fanatical customer service attitude with internal and external customers.
- Must exhibit a fanatical customer service attitude, with internal and external customers.
- Driver’s license required. Requires regular travel to Portland area data centers depending on company needs.
- Working conditions may include working outside in inclement weather and working from ladders and other above ground locations.
- The position does require the ability of the incumbent to be able to respond to on-call assignments, overtime, and after hours or emergency call-backs as needed.
- Ability to lift and move 50 lbs. of equipment.
- Job Location: Must be done onsite
- Shift: Normal business hours
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
Note to applicants: Cinder is working to create a community-conscious staffing firm. This includes working to address the historically problematic relationship staffing companies have with their employees. This also includes working to address the explicit and implicit ways our work may be excluding people that are historically (and currently) underrepresented in the workforce. To that end, we want to consider as many potential candidates as possible. Our current understanding is that the skills and experience listed here are required in order to be successful in this position. However, if you believe you are a good candidate for this position despite missing some of these skills or experience, please apply anyway and include a cover letter explaining your perspective so that we can fully evaluate your candidacy.
US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.