Cinder is looking for a Fraud Specialist to fill a role for our client in Portland Oregon. This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
Our client is currently transforming its banking operations as a part of a major project that will transform their ability to create delightful experiences for their customers. As a Fraud Specialist, you’ll be quickly implementing the transformed banking process behind these experiences. You will partner with our client's customer support team and bank partners, and you will create the magic behind thier outstanding customer experience, while protecting the company and its customers from bad actors.
Responsibilies include but not limited to:
- Performing day-to-day fraud and risk report reviews in an effort to mitigate and prevent losses, while protecting our customers and providing
- Building, maintaining and applying a working knowledge of card processing, issuing, partner management, fraud systems, disputes and chargebacks
- Creating and maintaining operational processes that meet our obligations to our bank partners and regulatory agencies
- Facilitating iterative improvements across bank operations, through analysis and cross-training
- Improving our efficiency, quality and customer experience by influencing people and process
- Recommending improvements to efficiency, quality and customer experience by quickly documenting business cases, when investments are necessary to achieve them
- Acting at all times in a manner that is ethical and aligned with the regulatory obligations of the firm, and our partners
- A variety of other duties aligned with your unique skills, as our firm and its obligations expand and evolve
- Additional duties, as assigned
- 2+ years working in a similar role in a financial services environment with a focus in fraud / risk mitigation demonstrating professionalism, growth and trustworthiness
- Experience working in a financial institution with a broad set of responsibilities leading to a ‘big picture’ understanding of what is necessary to operate them successfully
- A functional understanding of banking, fraud and risk mitigation
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail
- Exceptional reading, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency with personal computers and business productivity software (Adobe, Google, Microsoft, Confluence)
- +2 years in banking or financial services as a risk specialist or similar role
- Bank card network experience including one or more of the following: fraud systems, card processing/ issuing, disputes and/or chargebacks
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Proficiency with cloud-based business intelligence, content management or case management software
- Demonstrated and substantial success in mentoring peers, building processes, creating business value, or creating uniquely fantastic customer experiences at scale; bonus if any of these were in a financial services environment
Competitive salary + meaningful equity
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
We have you in mind! Download the Cinder App to have our current positions and useful resources at hand.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!