Cinder is searching for a Hearing Instrument Specialist or an Audiology Assistant for our healthcare client, a long-established private practice with an excellent reputation in Altoona, Pennsylvania. This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity which offers a competitive salary and bonus compensation plan, benefits, and opportunities for professional development.
WHY ALTOONA? This small city is nestled amongst the Allegheny Mountains, halfway between Pittsburgh, and Harrisburg, and less than 45 miles from State College. Altoona is home to a baseball team, a symphony orchestra, and lots of attractions related to their railroad past. The cost of living in Altoona is considerably less than that of Pennsylvania and the rest of the US, making housing here very affordable.
The successful candidate will be a friendly, enthusiastic and compassionate individual eager to join our client’s patient-centered and community-oriented practice!
JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Analyze test findings to make diagnoses, then discuss possible solutions with patients;
- Recommend and dispense assistive listening devices;
- Take measurements and make earmolds to ensure that hearing aids fit properly;
- Instruct patients in how to use and maintain the devices, providing demonstrations and information;
- Assist audiologists with nonsurgical procedures designed to treat hearing disorders;
- Modify devices that have already been placed in patients’ ears, to make them function or fit better;
- Make repairs and replace defective parts;
- Teach patients aural rehabilitation techniques.
In addition to professional responsibilities, the Hearing Instrument Specialist or Audiology Assistant will be part of a team engaging in marketing outreach and growing positive relationships with colleagues, vendors, fellow healthcare practitioners, and community organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse patient, colleague, and vendor population so that goals are achieved.
- Strong keyboard/computer/ hearing aid software and equipment experience.
- Organized, able to multi-task, detail-oriented. Great customer service abilities with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Current Pennsylvania Hearing Instrument Dispenser license or Audiology Assistant certification (or the ability to acquire one by time of employment) in good standing.
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!