Cinder is searching for a Hearing Instrument Specialist or an Audiology Assistant for our healthcare client, a long-established private practice with an excellent reputation in Altoona, Pennsylvania. This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity which offers a competitive salary and bonus compensation plan, benefits, and opportunities for professional development.
The successful candidate will be a friendly, enthusiastic and compassionate individual eager to join our client’s patient-centered and community-oriented practice!
JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Analyze test findings to make diagnoses, then discuss possible solutions with patients;
- Recommend and dispense assistive listening devices;
- Take measurements and make earmolds to ensure that hearing aids fit properly;
- Instruct patients in how to use and maintain the devices, providing demonstrations and information;
- Assist audiologists with nonsurgical procedures designed to treat hearing disorders;
- Modify devices that have already been placed in patients’ ears, to make them function or fit better;
- Make repairs and replace defective parts;
- Teach patients aural rehabilitation techniques.
In addition to professional responsibilities, the Hearing Instrument Specialist or Audiology Assistant will be part of a team engaging in marketing outreach and growing positive relationships with colleagues, vendors, fellow healthcare practitioners, and community organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse patient, colleague, and vendor population so that goals are achieved.
- Strong keyboard/computer/ hearing aid software and equipment experience.
- Organized, able to multi-task, detail-oriented. Great customer service abilities with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Current Pennsylvania Hearing Instrument Dispenser license or Audiology Assistant certification (or the ability to acquire one by time of employment) in good standing.
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!