Cinder is looking for a Human Resources Business Partner to fill a role for our client in Tillamook, OR. This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package!
The Human Resources Business Partner will be a key member of our client’s plant management team. This role is charged with delivering on strategic business partnerships, with a focus on consistent administration of Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs), as well championing employee relationships with internal and external union shop stewards and business representatives, creating a strong synergy between all parties.
As a values-driven organization, it’s imperative that the ideal candidate resonate and role model our values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety. This role requires a strong-willed, visionary, strategic mindset and must operate best under pressure in a partnership manner.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operating as a business partner by managing employee relations issues and inquiries
- Taking charge of employee onboarding
- Completing new hire orientation for multiple employees of all backgrounds and experiences
- Partnering with hiring managers on interviews, making recommendations, etc.
- Advising partners on collective bargaining agreements
- Assisting the training staff with special projects
- Performing other duties as assigned to support the RHRM, as needed.
- Administering State and federal labor law to employees
- Working a flexible schedule in the event that an employee investigation or other project needs to be performed after normal business hours
- 4+ years’ in a progressive role with experience in cross-functional leadership (HR and/or Manufacturing team environment preferred)
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience with Contract Negotiations
- Skilled in workplace investigations
- Experience in a union environment
- Must be a team player and be able to work with a team in a close environment
- Must be a self-starter, must be able to work independently, and must have a desire to grow professionally
- Must be fluent in the English language
- Proficient in all of Microsoft Office applications
- Basic project management skills (critical path analysis, contingencies)
- Experience with onboarding
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Job Location: Must be done onsite
- Shift: Normal business hours
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
Note to applicants: Cinder is working to create a community-conscious staffing firm. This includes working to address the historically problematic relationship staffing companies have with their employees. This also includes working to address the explicit and implicit ways our work may be excluding people that are historically (and currently) underrepresented in the workforce. To that end, we want to consider as many potential candidates as possible. Our current understanding is that the skills and experience listed here are required in order to be successful in this position. However, if you believe you are a good candidate for this position despite missing some of these skills or experience, please apply anyway and include a cover letter explaining your perspective so that we can fully evaluate your candidacy.
We are unable to sponsor at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.