Cinder is looking for an IT Helpdesk Facilitator to fill a role for our client in Hillsboro, OR. This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs any and all necessary support functions required to assist end-users with problem resolution, setup of new systems and supported applications.
- Monitor, respond, and update to closure incoming emails, phone calls, and in person requests to the Help Desk; assign and complete work orders using Help Desk Software.
- Respond to the IT Help Desk Emergency support line including afterhours/weekends as required. Perform other help desk duties as needed.
- Install, configure, upgrade, and maintain hardware such as but not limited to desktops, laptops, thin clients, networked printers, scanners, video cards, system boards, NICs, Wi-Fi cards, switches, hubs, etc.
- Install, configure, upgrade, and maintain the latest Windows operating systems and Windows PC applications such as but not limited to latest versions of MS Office and MS Outlook, as well as any and all additional Software applications used by the company.
- Troubleshoot and resolve both hardware and software related PC problems. Resolve PC hardware issues such as hard disk failures and replacements, hard disk data recovery, memory upgrades, system imaging, security updates and service packs.
- Cabling, trace, and activate network data ports on network switches.
- Document PC and network configuration, maintenance procedures, and PC inventory. Document procedures for department operations to comply with latest ISO data backup and security requirements.
- Assist with maintenance and monitor Exchange Server, Backup Server, PDC/BDC, DHCP, Wins and DNS servers and SQL administration.
- Participate in the design and maintenance of Intranet and website strategies. Work with management to develop applications to support company needs consistent with management goals. Advise users regarding access to various company sites.
- Provide user support for telephone adds changes and deletes. Assist with voice mail changes. Program PBX and voice mail changes as required.
- Work with vendors to obtain price quotes and warranty replacements and assist with cost reduction strategies for all areas of the IT Department.
- Assist with updates to the Companies Internet and Intranet Web sites
- Assist with Maintenance and updating of Unix systems with basic working knowledge of Unix.
- Associate&'s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or related discipline is required.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years related work experience as an IT Support Technician or similar support role on a corporate Helpdesk or Desktop Support team.
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience and knowledge in web development using XML, VB, VB.NET and SQL scripting.
- Experience in Unix, preferably Unidata/System Builder and post relational database experience a plus.
- Programming experience preferably in VB, VB for Apps, QL scripting.
- Experience and working knowledge of LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications, TCP/IP, Layer 2 and 3.
- Experience with VOIP/PBX phones systems
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while supporting a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to wear personal protective clothing and gear such as hoods, gowns, breathers, ear and eye protection and steel-toed shoes as required by various manufacturing areas supported by the IT Service Desk.
- Ability to perform hands-on work with customers, including working in an industrial environment to assist users and replace equipment is desired.
Job Location: Must be done onsite in a manufacturing setting
Shift: Normal business hours
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.