Cinder is looking for a Junior Hardware Engineer to fill a role for our client in San Jose, CA. This is a full time, 40 hour-per-week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
The position is for a junior level hardware engineer or recent college graduate with an electrical engineering degree to do analysis, debug and design of high performance, high bandwidth, high reliability advanced networking systems, both at system level and at board level.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with a senior hardware engineer to do analysis, debug, and design at both the board and system level.
- Spec and design hardware for future systems to achieve robust signal integrity and power integrity performance.
- Test, analyze and debug failed systems and boards to component level requiring experience and knowledge in using oscilloscope and logic analyzer.
- Support production team in system assembly, production testing, and debug.
- Evaluate and select components.
- BS/MS in Electronic/Electrical Engineering.
- Passionate about board level hardware design and debug.
- Some experience and knowledge of schematic design using CAD software, e.g. OrCad.
- Knowledge of high speed design principles.
- Ability to debug boards at component levels – with oscilloscope and logic analyzer.
- Experience with signal integrity and simulation/analysis tools is a plus but not required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Technically curious and driven to learn new skills.
- Self-starter, flexible, adaptable, collaborative and motivated to champion continuous improvement.
- Job Location: Must be done onsite
- Shift: Normal business hours
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!