Cinder is looking for a Junior Linux Systems Administrator to fill a role for one of our clients in Hillsboro, OR. This position would be a great opportunity for someone interested in learning more about becoming a System Admin and is looking for the opportunity for that hands on experience. This is a full time, 40 hour a week position that includes a competitive benefits package.
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, and stimulating environment, and meet the below criteria, please apply today!
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- In this role, you will assist our team of seasoned Linux System Administrators with ongoing tasks in an open source enterprise environment. This infrastructure consists of Ubuntu, CentOS, and OpenSUSE machines running on a number of services including nginx, JIRA, Apache, Jenkins, Drupal running under VMware and Xen.
- You may have the opportunity to assist with administering a number of machines that build source code, managing web servers, and debug issues, and performing maintenance like patching, dispatching tickets, information security audits, and security updates. Additionally, we will provide formal Linux training to help you get up to speed.
- Depending on team needs, you may also be asked to assist other groups in different technical areas. This may include assisting a software validation team, running network tests, or helping with board bring up and rework tasks.
- If you have a strong interest in technology and are looking to learn as much as you possibly can, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Required Technical Skills:
- Formal education in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent in experience
- Strong knowledge of Linux fundamentals
- Formal or Informal experience with a variety of Linux distributions (OpenSuse, CentOS, Ubuntu, and Debian specifically)
- Past experience with Virtualization technology
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Shell, Ruby, Perl, Bash etc.)
- Version Control (git, GitHub, GitLab, etc)
Strongly Preferred Skills:
- Automation Software (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong aptitude and desire to learn new technologies
- Willing to ask questions to fill knowledge gaps
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a larger team
- Flexible and open to working on a variety of technical roles
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet aggressive goals and high quality standards on schedule.
- Good disposition and excellent communication and reporting skills (oral and written).
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!