Cinder is looking for a Lead UX/UI Designer for our client in Huntington, Indiana. This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
Our client highly values a collaborative environment and you will be working directly with members in your team representing Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Product Management, and Customer Care in the development of large scale, customer-facing SaaS applications.
Job Description Lead UX/UI Designer
The Lead UX/UI Designer is responsible for creating a seamless user experience for interactions with our client’s software products.
This person will act as a customer advocate and have a deep understanding of user psychology. The UX/UI Designer will translate user research and requirements into mind maps, customer journey maps, sitemaps, wireframes, and prototypes to gather feedback and inform the overall design.
- Lead the product design process from ideation to launch
- Facilitate brainstorming workshops and lead design walkthroughs with stakeholders, communicating design rationale clearly and effectively. Able to execute MoSCoW, user flows, customer journey map, ideation sessions to get to the heart of the problem to be solved.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Owners to evaluate requirements and create user personas
- Develop mind maps, customer journey maps, sitemaps, wireframes, and prototypes to guide the overall product flow and design.
- Develop and maintain a style guide to ensure consistency across the product
- Stay abreast of the latest UX design and technology trends
- Able to create Design systems in Sketch that are shared across multiple products
- Conduct concept and usability testing
- Answer questions raised by the software development team to ensure understanding of the product design and expected behavior.
- Design responsive / adaptive user interfaces in accordance with established color schemes, fonts, and UI best practices
- Coordinate, facilitate and execute user testing both on site and via online tools to gather feedback to better inform designs
- Collaborate with multiple teams on various screens
- Direct the development of junior team members
- Deep experience with designing Web Applications at a large scale
- Designed in an Agile environment
- Experienced with Material Design
- Strong Sketch abilities including complex nested symbol creation
- Experienced using Abstract to manage large volume of screens.
- Comfortable with Zeplin to help create conversation with front end developers
- Understands HTML / CSS to inform designs
- Project management experience
- Portfolio of past Web Application projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) design, computer science, marketing, or other related discipline.
- Creative thinking and communication skills
- Not afraid to fail then learn from those mistakes to iterate the product
- Ability to manage time efficiently and are a natural self-starter
- Deep understanding of user psychology and how to utilize personas to inform design decisions
- Solid understanding of Color Theory
- Able to lead design reviews with the product owner as well as the development team
- Strong, professional team player who can communicate, collaborate, and influence effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Passionate about user experience
- Ability to keep organized
- Ability to switch gears / tasks quickly to assist team members or the product owner
- Unwavering focus on continuous improvement
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation with a goal of exceeding customer expectations
- Ability to lead and inspire team members
- This position will handle confidential data, and confidentiality must be maintained
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!