Cinder is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to fill a role for our client in Hillsboro, OR. This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
In the role the Linux systems administrator will manage the Open Source Technology Center infrastructure environment that consists of Ubuntu, CentOS, and OpenSUSE machines running a number of services including nginx, JIRA, Apache, Jenkins, Drupal running under VMware and Xen. In addition, the candidate will also be administering several machines that build source code like the Android build system (buildbot) and managing web servers as well. Candidate is expected to debug issues, perform maintenance like patching, dispatching tickets, information security audits, and security updates.
- Verify product quality: run regression tests, debug issues, file defects
- Work closely with developers on new product features: develop and execute tests, including verification and writing test cases
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent on the job experience
- 5+ years of experience administrating production Linux servers, serving multiple users and the ability to build Linux software packages from source when needed
- Experience with OpenSuse, CentOS, Ubuntu, and Debian Linux distributions
- Experience with Virtualization (XEN, KVM/QEMU, VMWare)
- Experience with remote-console software(VNC), KVM system virtualization software, XEN virtualization, Nagios system monitoring software, and Jenkins continuous integration software
- Experience with at least two scripting languages (Python, Shell, Ruby, Perl, TCL, etc.)
- Experience with server-class PC hardware (HP, Dell, etc.)
- Experience with git, Apache, nginx, postfix, OpenSSH server software and git/Gerrit source code control/review
- Experience with major package management systems: APT, Yum, Zypper, etc.
- Experience with LVM, the Linux Volume Manager
- Experience with networking protocols: ipv4, http/https, tcp/ip, ssh, smtp, Idap, etc.
- Experience with rsync and EMC Avamar
- Job Location: Must be done onsite
- Shift: Normal business hours
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
We have you in mind! Download the Cinder App for IOS and Android to have our current positions and useful resources at hand.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!