Cinder is looking for an Operations and Supply Chain Manager to fill a role for our client in San Jose, CA. This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
As the Manager of Operations and Supply Chain, you will oversee all strategic and operational aspects of materials acquisition and execution from external manufacturing partners. Major program management responsibilities include external partner relationships, materials management throughout the product life cycle, and management of contract manufacturing operations (product cost, excess & obsolete materials, finished good and component management).
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Lead and execute contract manufacturing operations (order management, delivery, material planning, RMAs) through internal and external manufacturing partners and component suppliers, to ensure supply continuity
- Lead supplier selection, qualification, development, and overall supplier management, including managing the entire contract life cycle from Request for Proposal to supplier exit. Support the development of supply agreements to ensure supply continuity at the right cost, quality, and service levels
- Work with engineering, marketing, and sales teams to ensure new product readiness, transition and rapidly ramp and reach time-to quality and volume on new products
- Develop and execute processes that enable a reliable, cost effective and flexible contract manufacturing (CM) supply chain network including the creation of rolling forecasts to aid in establishing CM production schedules and capacity planning needs
- Manage and maintain inventory control software for supply chain management, production planning, engineering change management, and inventory tracking. Maintain inventory for components and in stock finished goods, perform cycle counts and EOY counts. Maintain inventory of products delivered to customers. Provide inventory reports to accountants and financial auditors.
- Lead internal production staff for the final assembly of client’s product offerings. Ensure proper assembly and provisioning documentation is maintained for all of client’s product offerings. Ensure the accuracy of customer order fulfillment and ensure delivery timeline.
- Drive capacity planning process to ensure the company has adequate lead time to add equipment and tooling as required by demand forecasts
- Actively manage compliance to established contract manufacturing cost structures for complex box build products including materials, direct labor, overhead, and other manufacturing related costs. Perform detailed cost analysis and cost reduction activities
- Mitigate material shortages based on production schedule requirements while minimizing excess & obsolete material (E&O) and unfavorable cost variances (PPV)
- 5+ years of proven experience in similar role, manufacturing operations manager / inventory manager in the tech industry
- Minimum 10 years of applicable experience in the tech industry
- Experience with IT products for enterprise datacenters.
- Working knowledge of inventory systems
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong detail orientation and analytical skills
- Cross-functional leadership and management experience.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Amazing problem-solving skills, skilled negotiator.
- Self-starter, flexible, adaptable, collaborative and motivated to champion continuous improvement.
- Experience with high performance networking products
- Experience with data center architecture and deployment.
- Start-up experience. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Job Location: Must be done onsite
Shift: Normal business hours
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!