Cinder is looking for a Manufacturing Technician II – CNC Machinist to fill a role for our clients in Hillsboro, OR. This is a full time, direct hire role with an industry leader. Shifts are based on a 3×12 spread and include both day and graveyard hours. Salary starts at $17-19/hour depending on experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set up and operate production machines including lathes, milling machines, saws, core drills and grinders as well as lapping and polishing machines.
- Perform adjustments to machinery to keep process within specification.
- Determine and prepare tooling, fixtures and special machine attachments.
- Read and interpret blueprints or drawings necessary to complete assignments.
- Work in accordance to process procedures, work order instructions and drawings.
- Verify part or process conformance to specification with calipers, micrometers, height gauges, pin gauges and comparators.
- Perform detail work including waxing, dewaxing, chamfering, cleaning and cosmetic inspection of parts.
- Detect and correct minor machine malfunctions and perform daily and monthly machine maintenance.
- Maintain equipment, process, part, transfer and inspection logs or SPC charts.
- Set up, operate and perform routine maintenance on Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machines including Lathe, Mills, Grinders, Laser and Abrasive Jet.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- MUST have 2-4 years similar CNC machining experience
- Proficiency reading and interpreting blueprints and following work instructions
- Ability to apply machine mathematics and GD&T knowledge and expertise
- Experience using a variety of equipment/measuring tools to verify part dimensions
- Familiarity with machining to high tolerances
- Experience setting up fixtures and tools and loading parts into machine
- Experience working with hydraulic, mechanical, and electro-mechanical machines
Associate of Applied Science in Machine Manufacturing or related technical degree preferred, but not required.
Job Location: Must be done onsite
Shift: 3×12 shifts: 6:00a-6:30p (days) OR 6:00p-6:30a
MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR ALL SHIFTS
Shift options: SUN-TUES / MON-WEDS / WEDS-FRI / THU-SAT
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!