Cinder is searching for a part-time Medical Billing Specialist for our healthcare client, a long-established private practice with an excellent reputation in Plattsburgh, NY. This is a direct hire opportunity which offers a competitive hourly wage, benefits, and opportunities for professional development.
The successful candidate will be a friendly, enthusiastic and compassionate individual eager to join our client’s patient-centered and community-oriented practice!
- Performs insurance verification prior to treatment, determining whether benefits are active and what the private pay amount will be.
- Ensures that all intake forms are completed in full and any necessary waivers are signed.
- Using extensive medical billing and coding experience, interacts with medical billing company and insurance companies.
- Monitors payments from insurance companies and communicates with patients to ensure that write-offs are reduced to zero.
- Responsible for Accounts Payable including receiving calls from businesses, matching invoices, etc.
- Discharges patients and creates/reviews payment arrangements.
- Fills in as Patient Care Coordinator as needed, assisting with greeting patients, scheduling appointments, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse patient, colleague, and vendor population so that goals are achieved.
- Demonstrated success in a medical office setting (2 years+) accurately performing billing and coding.
- Familiar with healthcare and insurance terminology.
- Strong keyboard/computer/software experience including Electronic Medical Records.
- Organized, able to multi-task, detail-oriented. Great customer service abilities with a head for numbers.
- High School diploma at minimum.
- Twenty hours per week, ideally Monday-Friday 11am – 3pm, however we have some flexibility to meet your needs.
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!