Cinder is looking for a Thermal Mechanical Test Technician to fill a role for our client in Hillsboro, OR. This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partnering with engineers to collect power and performance data on circuit boards
- Mechanical dimensions of the system and major components
- Thermal measurements during a high-stress workload
- Airflow measurements
- Acoustic measurements
- Technical documentation of test processes and results
- Bringing-up circuit boards, including installing/updating BIOS, firmware, OS, etc.
- De-bugging/troubleshooting circuit board issues
- Running thermally-relevant workloads
- Supporting other engineering requests to measure, test, and verify non-traditional mechanical and thermal solutions. These tests would leverage similar capabilities as system teardowns.
- Track record of hands-on work experience in a lab setting or alike
- Proven experience testing with Windows OS and Benchmarking SW
- Proven experience in written communication
- Power or performance measurements is a plus
- Proven experience in circuit board testing
- Significant experience (2+ year) with circuit boards and NI DAQ:
Additional Desired Skills:
- Familiarity working with LABVIEW
- Familiarity with data manipulation in Excel
- Familiarity with CAD (Pro-E, SolidWorks, Other)
- Job Location: Must be done onsite
- Shift: Normal business hours
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
Note to applicants: Cinder is working to create a community-conscious staffing firm. This includes working to address the historically problematic relationship staffing companies have with their employees. This also includes working to address the explicit and implicit ways our work may be excluding people that are historically (and currently) underrepresented in the workforce. To that end, we want to consider as many potential candidates as possible. Our current understanding is that the skills and experience listed here are required in order to be successful in this position. However, if you believe you are a good candidate for this position despite missing some of these skills or experience, please apply anyway and include a cover letter explaining your perspective so that we can fully evaluate your candidacy.
US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.