Cinder is looking for a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer to fill a role for our client in Portland, OR. This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and repairing of server infrastructure, network infrastructure, and application components.
- Performing a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation, and training tasks to ensure that the performance of computer networks and servers meets the client’s needs and provides overall user satisfaction.
- Upgrading and maintaining network, server, and telecommunication systems.
- Providing direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations, server builds, and installations.
- Plans, coordinates, and consults with vendors and clients for hardware/software purchases, product services and support.
- Bachelors’ degree with major course work in Computer Science, or a related field; supplemented by five (5) years previous experience in the support, operation, and design of server, network, and software systems; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities. Certain certifications such as those offered by Cisco or Microsoft will also be given priority.
- Experience with LAN/WAN hardware/ system installation, backup, maintenance, and problem-solving (Aruba, Palo Alto, Cisco, Juniper, Sonic Wall).
- Experience with support and use of Configuration Management Tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Ability to support on-premise and cloud virtual machine compute environments, including VMware, ec2, azure, Hyper-V and QEMU.
- Experience with G-Suite and O-365 configuration and support management.
- Experience with AWS and Azure networking integrations.
- Ability to design and maintain network/server monitoring systems.
- Ability to maintain backup and recovery systems for server systems.
- Comfort in researching, designing and selecting technologies for networking, computing, storage and cloud solutions.
- Experience developing desktop deployment / support procedures for Windows, Mac and Linux environments.
- Ability to document operational procedures for network and server administration.
- Ability to maintain a thorough knowledge of Active Directory principles and best practices.
- Ability to respond to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel, outside vendors, etc. to provide technical assistance and support.
- Possession of an appropriate driver’s license valid in the state of California.
- Ability to take 24-hour call rotation for support purposes.
Job Location: Must be done onsite
Shift: Normal business hours
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!