Cinder is looking for a Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer to fill a role for our client in Huntington, IN. This is a great opportunity with an employee-centric organization that is looking for long term employees!
Engineer will be responsible for the continual improvement of quality assurance. This role will focus on software testing enhancements to improve first time quality through increased accuracy, along with creating process and method improvements. This role will help drive quality improvements in all aspects of the software development life cycle. The engineer will lead and/or manage quality advocacy and software testing projects through their implementation, directing the activity of other Quality Assurance team members.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop testing methods and use tools that cover the whole life cycle of a product
- Stay abreast of the newest testing technologies, practices, and documentation procedures, educate and mentor junior QA engineers in their use, and implement where appropriate
- Assist in the development of junior staff members
- Accountable for all software quality related metrics
- Assess and modify requirements for the purpose of creating test cases
- Quantify test results and provide insightful solutions as appropriate to internal team.
- Responsible to provide technical investigation updates/progress to project team, technical staff and business users
- Create and execute regression test suite based on design specifications and requirements
- Create automated tests within established web and mobile test frameworks
- Participate in test case reviews and provide direction in support of testing standards and documentation procedures and practices
- Collaborate with developers and support teams to investigate processes improvements that support the project life cycle
- Support user acceptance testing as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required
- 7-10 years of experience in a software-testing role with experience providing functional and quality assurance support to development environments with increasing responsibility
- Proven experience with test management and issue tracking tools as well as automated test scripting and test frameworks
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Experience and knowledge of application architecture and familiarity with .NET, SQL, mobile platforms and web services
- 3+ years of experience demonstrating success in teams using both Agile and non-Agile software development approaches
- Proven experience creating and executing test plans in web and mobile-based environments
- Familiarity with SQL terminology and syntax
- Extensive understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Masters of Science degree in a Computer designated area or related field of study is preferred.
Job Location: Must be done onsite
Shift: Normal business hours
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!