Cinder is looking for a Lead Software Architect to fill a role for our client in Portland, OR. This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading the design, documentation, and evolution of software architectures for full automotive stacks, from the kernel up to network interaction, GUI frameworks, and sensor / actuator interaction
- Rapidly iterating and developing concepts on a variety of platforms and technologies
- Mentoring and advising developers on best software development practices
- Driving architecture standards across the company’s worldwide presence
- Integrating multiple technologies into a single, coherent platform that empowers the wider engineering effort within the company
- Working with the open source communities to influence and learn from their direction (GENIVI, Linux Foundation, W3C, OCF, and others), internal stakeholders, collaborating partner companies and external suppliers to design and prove our future production software
- Exploring new technologies through prototyping and in-vehicle tests
- 5-8 years' professional software architecture experience required
- Proven experience in leading the design of complex systems required
- Bachelor’s degree required, or relevant experience equivalent required
- Professional background in Linux/QNX/Android system programming required
- Professional background system integration experience required
- Professional background network programming required
- Speech and natural language processing experience
- Proven ability to document and present complex topics to a wide audience
- Continuous Integration (Yocto, git, JIRA, etc) experience is required
- Demonstrable experience of working with Open Source Communities
- Working with internal stakeholder’s development teams and outside suppliers/vendors
- Job Location: Must be done onsite
- Shift: Normal business hours
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in
Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!