Cinder is looking for a Software Education Specialist to fill a role for our client in Huntington, IN. This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
The Software Education Specialist is responsible for keeping the business trainers informed of new features and changes to the company’s software products, as well as maintaining the customer facing Knowledge Base. You will work closely with the product owner and software development teams, attending feature decision sessions to keep in lock step with development, and understanding how market problems are being solved and why approaches were taken over others.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Gaining and maintaining a thorough knowledge of OSV’s software products.
- Attending ideation sessions, story planning sessions, and any other feature decision sessions to keep in lock step with development, understanding how market problems are being solved, and why approaches were taken over others.
- Maintaining the customer facing Knowledge Base for the company’s software products, using industry best practices for self-service support.
- Generating appropriate training materials and training the business trainers on the company’s software products so they can train their respective teams.
- Collaborating with the Product Owner to understand when and how features are released to customers and ensuring appropriate communication has been delivered to key stakeholders.
- Assisting Marketing in gathering assets and authoring messages to convey to our customers.
- Collecting, synthesizing, and taking appropriate action on user feedback as it applies to Knowledge Base and business training needs.
- Assisting sales and support with demo scripts, as necessary.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong, professional team player who can communicate, collaborate, and influence effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Excellent presentation and creativity skills
- Technically minded with solid interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver complex information that anyone can understand
- Strong customer service orientation with a goal of exceeding customer expectations
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- This position will handle confidential data, and confidentiality must be maintained
- Bachelor of Science degree in a computer designated area or related field of study, or commensurate work experience.
- 7+ years of experience as a Software Trainer, Product Owner, Sales Engineer, Technical Support, Business Analyst, Project Manager, or related role
- 3+ years of experience in an Agile environment
- Experience training both in-person and virtually
- Solid understanding of the product lifecycle
- Proven project management expertise of large-scale projects
- Must work onsite
- Shift: Normal work hours
- Pay starting at $40/hour, based on experience
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
Candidate must thrive in a diverse environment and commit to maintaining an inclusive work environment for coworkers of all races, genders, orientations, and abilities. We believe that different life experiences and perspectives are what make the strongest teams. While we are happy to provide any available training or guidance to help sharpen your skills, your success with Cinder requires the ability to work well with a variety of people.
We are unable to sponsor at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.