Cinder is looking for a Software Engineer to fill a role for our client in Lake Oswego, OR. This is a full-time direct hire role with a full benefits package!
Ideally, you write well-tested and expressive code.
You can (or will learn to) dive into our Go microservices managed by our Analytics and Platform team. Here, you will be developing in a microservice architecture, where you will build REST APIs given solid requirements and using best practices. You especially love that we have unit tests and code coverage reports and feel strongly about keeping the code well-tested for easy, continuous releases with less than 5% bugs. Also, you feel right at home in a Unix-like environment and may have experience with DevOps and/or SRE-related tasks, such as configuring builds and deployments using tools like Jenkins, AWS and Ansible.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute ideas, research, and knowledge to the team to increase skills for all.
- Develop programmatic solutions to business problems, automate business processes.
- Take ownership of functionality from development through deployment.
- Be ready to learn new languages, tools, and systems quickly, and be able to communicate challenges and ask for help regularly.
- Deploy quality code, write tests, and learn from mistakes to build a better system and improve
- your skills.
- Actively participate or lead team meetings, mentor junior staff.
- Work with product owners, analysts and other developers to estimate, size, and scope work.
- 3+ years’ experience in Go, Python, Scala or Java with additional experience in C++, C or PHP application development.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math or related STEM fields, or relevant industry experience.
- 5+ years working in a team environment as a programmer.
- Ability to learn and understand the media buying process and business goals in order to develop intelligent solutions for users and clients.
- Experience using distributed code repositories (Git, Mercurial) in a team environment or a large open source project.
- Development experience with REST APIs.
- Prior development on a service-oriented / microservice architecture.
- Prior experience supporting multiple browsers, operating systems and devices.
- Experience with Go and Elasticsearch.
- Prior experience with Mapbox GL JS or similar map rendering tech.
Job Location: Must be done onsite
Shift: Normal business hours
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!