Novus is looking for a Bluetooth Hardware Test Technician to fill a role for our client in Sunnyvale, CA. This is a three-month, temporary project with an exciting, cutting edge client!
Bluetooth Hardware Test Techs test code at the user level and may also test component APIs. Test Techs use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. They work with Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Perform testing (both manual and automated) on Bluetooth connectivity and user profiles
• Run Interoperability tests on wireless client products
• Create bug reports using Jira, sniffer logs, Android phone logs, and logs from wireless devices
• Run wireless security, interoperability, and functional tests using Android/iOS devices
• Own periodic testing of product information features for hardware devices
• Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality
• Knowledge of different Bluetooth profiles and their usage
• 3+ years of testing experience, emphasis in hardware QA
• Experience with Android, IOS or other mobile application testing
• Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
• Experience setting up and working with wired and wireless networks
• Experience in debugging Bluetooth connectivity on Android devices and Android device testing
• Creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Experience building test plans and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies
• Experience working with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills – including communicating cross-functionally and across management levels
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools
• Experience with open source tools and resources
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.