Cinder is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer for our client in Huntington, Indiana. This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
The Quality Assurance group is an integrated part of the overall software product development team.
Our client provides direct feedback and input to the software development process as they work with fantastic product owners, developers and DevOps engineers on building solutions that we can all be proud of.
Not merely a "silo" where finished software goes to be rubber-stamped, this group is constantly looking for new ways to embed software quality at all points of the product lifecycle.
The product development team uses a mixture of Agile and Lean methodologies, adapting as necessary to serve the needs of both the product and the team. They are constantly learning new tools and technologies to ensure their products are maintainable, performant, and of the highest quality
• Implement testing methods and use tools that cover the whole life cycle of a product
• Accountable for all software quality related metrics
• Review and assess requirements and product backlog items for the purpose of creating test cases
• Report on test results and provide insightful solutions as appropriate to internal team.
• Provide technical investigation updates/progress to project team, technical staff and business users
• Execute regression test suite based on design specifications and requirements
• Adapt automated tests within established web and mobile test frameworks
• Identify areas of product risk across the dimensions of function, performance, usability and security
• Document requirements changes to maintain life cycle of test cases
• Support user acceptance testing as necessary
• Ability to clearly communicate highly technical information to both internal teams and business partners
• Team and solution oriented
• Highly adaptable, flexible, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability and desire to learn new technologies and testing techniques
• Proven understanding of software quality principles and practices as well as structured testing methodology
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Maintains strong attention to detail even during high-pressure situations
• Flexibility in adapting to change while maintaining efficiency and focus
• Strong time management and organizational skills with an ability to meet deadlines
• Understanding of Agile development principles and the Scrum framework
• Analytical, mathematical and creative problem-solving skills
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• This position will handle confidential data, and confidentiality must be maintained
• Experience with test management and issue tracking tools as well as automated test scripting and test frameworks
• Experience in an object-oriented programming language
• Experience with testing in web and mobile-based environments
• Proven experience in creating and executing test plans
• Familiarity with SQL terminology and syntax
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
• 5-7 years’ experience in a software-testing role with experience providing functional and quality assurance support to development environments with increasing responsibility
• Bachelor’s degree in design, computer science, marketing, or other related discipline.
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!