Cinder is looking for a System Architect to fill a direct hire role for our client in Portland, OR.
The Software Architects are responsible for software design quality, clarity, and longevity. Working closely with C/C++, embedded system tools, and silicon-to-pixel CI/CD toolchains, we design and create the initial version of our production software that can be scaled out to other offices and external vendors.
- Working with the open source communities to influence and learn from their direction (GENIVI, Linux Foundation, W3C, OCF, and others), internal stakeholders, collaborating partner companies and external suppliers to design and prove our future production software
- Design, document, and evolve software architectures for full automotive stacks, from the kernel up to network interaction, GUI frameworks, and sensor / actuator interaction
- Rapidly iterating and developing concepts on a variety of platforms and technologies
- Mentor and advise developers on best software development practices
- Drive architecture standards
- Integrate multiple technologies into a single, coherent platform that empowers the wider engineering effort
Explore new technologies through prototyping and in-vehicle tests
Perform other duties as required
Key Criteria for the Role
- Bachelor’s degree required, or relevant experience equivalent required
- 5-7 years' experience required
- Professional level system programming experience is required
- Professional Linux based development required
- Professional architecture experience required
- Professional system integration experience required
- Speech and natural language processing experience is a plus
- Proven ability to document and present complex topics to a wide audience
- Continuous Integration (Yocto, git, JIRA, etc) experience is required
- Demonstrable experience of working with Open Source Communities
- Working with internal stakeholder’s development teams and outside suppliers/vendors
Job Location: Portland, OR
Shift: Normal business hours
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!