Cinder is looking for a System Engineer to fill a role for our client in Portland, OR. This is a full time, 40 hour per week opportunity with a full benefits package that includes PTO!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating C/C++ code running within a Linux stack or elsewhere including documenting and testing code that meets the architecture requirements
- Debugging existing C/C++ code, finding root causes and resolving software issues
- Fixing existing software, and successfully upstreaming and merging the patches
- Integrating developed code into automation infrastructure and process to include testing
- Documenting code and activities for long term maintainability
- Rapidly developing concepts and actively working within development communities
- Performing other duties as required
- Problem solver first and foremost. Someone who can be given vague instructions and work autonomously to solve the problem. Proactive.
- Self-sufficient (self-taught). Someone who "learns by doing"
- Vendor management experience with cross-time zone teams a plus
- Education – Bachelors Equivalent or Equivalent Experience
- Professional level C/C++ development experience is required
- Professional Linux based development skills required
- Professional level build automation & CI/CD (“DevOps”) experience required
- Software versioning and automation experience beneficial
- Qt or other HMI tools beneficial
- Working with Open Source Communities
- Working within team and with outside suppliers/vendors
- Professional Agile/Scrum experience
- Job Location: Must be done onsite
- Shift: Normal business hours
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Cinder is a rapidly growing consulting firm based in Hillsboro, OR. We are bringing a new perspective to the staffing industry, providing a better experience for both customers and employees. Our collaborative company culture and positive work environment are a refreshing alternative to traditional staffing firms!