Cinder is looking for a Web Developer to fill a role for our client in Lake Oswego, OR. This is a full-time direct hire role with a full benefits package!
Ideally, you write well-tested and expressive code. You can (or will learn to) dive into our web application using React, Redux, and TypeScript. Here, you will be interfacing with RESTful APIs in a microservice architecture. You especially love that we have unit tests and code coverage reports and feel strongly about keeping the code well-tested for easy, continuous releases with less than 5% bugs. Also, you feel right at home working in a Mac environment and may have experience with UI/UX testing and automation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute ideas, research, and knowledge to the team to increase skills for all.
- Develop programmatic UI/UX solutions to business problems, automate business processes.
- Take ownership of functionality from development through deployment.
- Be ready to learn new languages, tools, and systems quickly, and be able to communicate challenges and ask for help regularly.
- Deploy quality code, write tests, and learn from mistakes to build a better system and improve your skills.
- Actively participate or lead team meetings, mentor junior staff.
- Work with product owners, analysts and other developers to estimate, size, and scope work.
- 3+ years’ experience in modern web application development, or an associates or bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 5+ years working in a team environment as a programmer.
- Ability to learn and understand the media buying process and business goals in order to develop intelligent solutions for users and clients.
- Experience using distributed code repositories (Git, Mercurial) in a team environment or a large open source project.
- Development experience with REST APIs.
- Prior development on a service-oriented / microservice architecture.
- Prior experience supporting multiple browsers, operating systems and devices.
- Experience with React, Redux, and TypeScript.
- Prior experience with Mapbox GL JS or similar map rendering tech.
***Work must be done onsite
Note to applicants: Cinder is working to create a community-conscious staffing firm. This includes working to address the historically problematic relationship staffing companies have with their employees. This also includes working to address the explicit and implicit ways our work may be excluding people that are historically (and currently) underrepresented in the workforce. To that end, we want to consider as many potential candidates as possible. Our current understanding is that the skills and experience listed here are required in order to be successful in this position. However, if you believe you are a good candidate for this position despite missing some of these skills or experience, please apply anyway and include a cover letter explaining your perspective so that we can fully evaluate your candidacy.
US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.